About Greensboro Running Club (GRC)
The Greensboro Running Club is a non profit organization started in 1976 by three dedicated runners. Our goal is to promote running and fitness in the Piedmont Triad area, through a variety of running and fitness-related activities.
- Discount on Junction 311 races
- Discount on Trivium Racing races
- Discount at Omega Sports, Greensboro
- Discounts at Fleet Feet, Greensboro & High Point
- Discounts on other area races
- Member pricing on GRC social events
- Membership meetings and annual fashion show
- Unlimited volunteer opportunities
- Opportunity to serve on any of our committees
- Opportunity to serve on the board
- Coaching opportunities with our Women’s Training Program
- Camaraderie and support from other runners
- And most important….lots of organized running opportunities
(1) How much does it cost to become a member?
Membership is simple and inexpensive.
Individual membership: $ 25
Family membership (includes spouse and children under 25): $ 30
2) How do I join?
There are two convenient means of joining:
(a) Via Postal Mail. Simply print out and complete the membership application. Then mail it in along with a check made payable to the Greensboro Running Club. Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 4934 Greensboro, NC 27404
(b) Join online.
3) Do I have to run at a certain pace to participate?
All paces are welcome! GRC is comprised of members of all ages and paces, including walkers.
4) How do I find out about organized, small runs?
Check out our Facebook page, Instagram page, or Calendar on this website.
5) How do I get involved and volunteer?
There are many ways to volunteer and we would love your help! You can help with social activities; volunteering at racing events; community activities, such as Adopt-A-Highway; and coaching for our Women’s Training Programs.
Contact one of the board members for more info.
Waiver and Release
I know that running and volunteering to work in club races and runs are potentially hazardous activities. I should not enter and run in club activities unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race/run official relative to my ability to safely complete the run. I assume all risks associated with running and volunteering to work in club races including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high and/or humidity, the conditions of the road and traffic on any course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of your acceptance of my application for membership, I, for myself, and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Road Runners Club of America and the Greensboro Running Club, all sponsors their representatives and successors from all claims and liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in these club activities even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all the foregoing to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of club activities for any legitimate purpose.
Submission of payment for membership constitutes your agreement with the above Waiver and Release. If you do not agree to the Waiver and Release, do not proceed to payment.