College Scholarship Program
Our Mission Statement:
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization started in 1976 that promotes running, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle within Greensboro and surrounding areas. We are an inviting and inclusive club that seeks to provide opportunities for beginning and experienced runners and walkers to meet and participate in activities together. We recognize fitness as a family quest and encourage family membership. We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
* Must be a current high school senior who will graduate before June 30 of the current school year.
* Must be qualified, upon graduation, to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university.
* Must have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
* Must ensure that the application and all supporting documents have been emailed on or before June 30, 2023.
* Must write an essay.
Personal Essay Prompt:
What does fitness mean to you? How has it shaped your character and who you are as a person?
* Meet eligibility requirements.
* Complete and sign application. A parent or legal guardian should sign as well.
* Attach a current official transcript, as well as a copy of SAT scores.
* Scan the completed application and upload the file as a PDF. Email all required application materials (application form, SAT scores, official transcript, personal essay) as PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All scholarship applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. The scholarship recipient will be notified by email by August 1, 2023.
The scholarship recipient will be selected on the following basis:
* GPA - minimum of 2.75
* Personal essay
* Extracurricular activities and volunteer community services
The Greensboro Running Club reserves the right to change or discontinue the program without notice.
The selection of scholarship recipients will be influenced by the completeness of replies, neatness, legibility, proper grammar, punctuation, composition, and spelling on the application form and personal essay.
Recipients are required to notify the Greensboro Running Club of any change of address, school enrollment, or other pertinent information. Recipients are solely responsible for making admission arrangements and fulfilling requirements of enrolling in a full-time course of study at an accredited four-year college or university.
Recipients must enter college as full-time students in the fall term following selection, remain in good academic standing, and pursue a course of study leading to a degree.