Welcome to the Greensboro Running Club!
What is the Greensboro Running Club (GRC)?
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization that was started in 1976 by three dedicated runners.
Our Mission Statement
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization started in 1976 that promotes running, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle within Greensboro and surrounding areas. We are an inviting and inclusive club that seeks to provide opportunities for beginning and experienced runners and walkers to meet and participate in activities together. We recognize fitness as a family quest and encourage family membership. We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
Why join the GRC?
Everyone has their own reasons for joining, but our goal is to promote running and fitness in the Triad area through a variety of running and fitness related activities.
What does the GRC do for the community?
Each year, the GRC gives back to the community in a number of ways.
- Annual Earth Day Cleanup along the Greenway
- Annual monetary donation to the Cone Health Mammography Scholarship Fund.
- Annual monetary donation to the Zero Prostate Fund
- Toy donation to Toys for Tots
- Volunteer at many local races
- Supporting area restaurants and brew pubs during our 8 week running series
- Sponsored Summerfield Healthy Kids Running Series Spring 2019
What does the GRC do for the running community?
We have had a big impact over the past year in the running community.
- Beginning in 2016, we held one eight week run series. We have since grown and expanded to four, eight week themed run series per year. Runners meet at different locations all over Greensboro, High Point and Oak Ridge which gives them more running options. Check out our calendar for dates and locations.
- We also offer our annual and very popular "Running of the Lights" series which runs each Tuesday between Thanksgiving and Christmas in beautiful Sunset Hills.
- 2020 will mark the 15th year for our Women's Running School. A 10 week training program that is usually attended by 150-200 women as they train for the Women's Only 5K Race in October.
- Our relatively new Men's Running School has been expanded to 8 weeks and is a training program for men running the Zero Prostate 5K race in November.
- We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
What social events does the club offer?
The club offers many social activities.
- So far this year, we offered discount registration for any member that wished to join a team for the St. Valentine Massacre Marathon in February. We hope to continue to offer more of these team runs to our members.
- We are planning a Cinco de Mayo 5K and 1 mile "Fun Run" on May 4th, a family picnic at Bur-Mil Park on June 8th, Dan River Tubing in July, a Grasshoppers baseball game in August, a hike at Hanging Rock in the fall, Annual Fall Fashion Show in November and our Christmas party in December.
What other benefits do members receive?
10% Discount on Junction 311 races
15% Discount on Trivium Racing races
10% Discount at Omega Sports, Greensboro
Discount on Shea’s Chase 5K
Discounts on other area races
Member pricing on GRC social events
Membership meetings and annual fashion show
Unlimited volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to serve on any of our committees
Opportunity to serve on the board
Coaching opportunities with our Women’s and Men’s Running Schools
Camaraderie and support from other runners
And most important….lots of organized running opportunities
Plus, you never know when we might throw in a few other “over the top” perks.