Welcome to the Greensboro Running Club!
What is the Greensboro Running Club (GRC)?
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization that was started in 1976 by three dedicated runners.
Our Mission Statement
The Greensboro Running Club is a non-profit organization started in 1976 that promotes running, fitness, and a healthy lifestyle within Greensboro and surrounding areas. We are an inviting and inclusive club that seeks to provide opportunities for beginning and experienced runners and walkers to meet and participate in activities together. We recognize fitness as a family quest and encourage family membership. We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
Why join the GRC?
Everyone has their own reasons for joining, but our goal is to promote running and fitness in the Triad area through a variety of running and fitness related activities.
What does the GRC do for the local community?
Each year, the GRC gives back to the community in a number of ways.
- Annual Earth Day Cleanup along the Greenway
- Annual monetary donation to the Cone Health Mammography Scholarship Fund.
- Annual monetary donation to the Zero Prostate Fund
- Toy donation to Toys for Tots
- Volunteer at many local races
- Supporting area restaurants and brew pubs during our 8 week running series
- Sponsored Summerfield Healthy Kids Running Series Spring 2019
What does the GRC do for the running community?
We have had a big impact in the running community.
- Beginning in 2016, we held one eight week run series. We have since grown and expanded to four, eight week themed run series per year. Runners meet at different locations all over Greensboro, High Point and Oak Ridge which gives them more running options. Check out our calendar for dates and locations.
- We also offer our annual and very popular "Running of the Lights" series which runs each Tuesday between Thanksgiving and Christmas in beautiful Sunset Hills.
- 2021 will mark the 16th year for our Women's Running School, now known as the Women's Only 5k Training Program. A 9-week training program that is usually attended by 150-200 women as they train for the Women's Only 5K Race in October.
- Our relatively new Men's Training Program has been expanded to 8 weeks and is a training program for men running the Zero Prostate 5K race in November. Year 2021 is still in the planning stages.
- We also give back to the community through donations to worthy causes and service activities.
What social events does the club offer?
The club offers many social activities.
- We are working on the calendar year 2021 currently
- If you have ideas to suggest, email our President Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
What other benefits do members receive?
15% Discount on Junction 311 races
10% Discount on Trivium Racing races
10% Discount at Omega Sports, Greensboro
Discounts on other area races
Member pricing on GRC social events
Membership meetings and annual fashion show
Unlimited volunteer opportunities
Opportunity to serve on any of our committees
Opportunity to serve on the board
Coaching opportunities with our Women’s and Men’s Running Schools
Camaraderie and support from other runners
And most important….lots of organized running opportunities
Plus, you never know when we might throw in a few other “over the top” perks.